Thank you for purchasing your Sunglo greenhouse!
Sunglo Greenhouse Tips
Now that your greenhouse is built here are a few things to help you get started-
• Have a certified electrician connect your electricity for the ventilation system, power panel and other electrical components.
• Once electrical has been connected, set your ventilation thermostat and heating thermostat at your desired temperatures.
- Example of power panel placement (220V shown): Place the panel in a location where it is least likely to be exposed to water.
• Hook up your lights! They can be hung from the trusses for overhead lighting.
- Example of light placement: You can drill holes through the roof trusses, place an S-hook through the holes, and hang lights and baskets from the hooks.
• Install your shade cloth if the temperature is hot outside. We suggest purchasing 6+ bungee cords and the same amount of eyelet hooks to install your shade cloth.
- Example of shade cloth on free-standing model: The wooden foundation is perfect to hold the eyelet hooks. For larger greenhouse you can use a long rope at the corners for easy installation and removal.
• Cleaning your greenhouse-
- We suggest cleaning the greenhouse twice a year with 1/3 cup of bleach per gallon of warm water. Using a long handled mop scrub the outside and inside of the greenhouse. Environmentally safe cleaning products can be used as well.
• Visit the Sunglo blog for information about saving energy, shade cloths, additional accessories and about greenhouse growing.
• If you haven’t already, we suggest investing in a good greenhouse growing book like “The Greenhouse Expert” By Dr. D.G. Hessayon. This will provide you with information on different plants that thrive in your greenhouse atmosphere and additional information about grow lights, plant nutrients, temperature and moisture control, etc.
• Now that you have the major things sorted out check out our “Greenhouse Gardening Basics” post to keep you moving forward!
• Find Sunglo on social media for new product alerts, company news and greenhouse growing information-
Sunglo provides for each greenhouse a manual, foundation guide, power panel wiring diagram, cedar shelf instructions, product/parts catalog and other information. Contact customer service if you would like to request any additional information.
Please do not hesitate to contact Sunglo’s customer service or technical team for any questions you may have. Call 425-251-8005 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any “Sunglo greenhouse tips” you would like to share please let us know!
Sunglo Greenhouses is located just outside Seattle, WA. // 425-251-8005