Recycling Yard Debris – & Everything Else!
Here in the Northwest it’s the season for yard work! Cutting, trimming, pruning – Endless branches and debris are piling up. What are you going to do!?
Here are a few ways for recycling yard debris:
- Self-haul: Load up a truck or trailer and haul your branches to the closest recycling station. Click here to find a recycling center near you.
- Curbside Pick-up: Have your debris and yard waste picked up curbside by Waste management. They provide a variety of collection services. Call 1-800-592-9995 for details.
- Chipping: Rent or use a friends chipper and create your own mulch!
- Tree Service: There are local tree services that will trim your trees and chip or haul away yard debris for you.
Here are a few tips for recycling yard debris:
- Plastic wrap or bags and any food containers should NOT be included with your yard debris
- Only tree/shrub debris and natural waste not including food is considered “yard debris”
- When landscaping or doing yard work cut your branches small so they are easier to dispose of
- If doing any digging in your yard – Like planting trees or shrubs be sure to call 811 for free marking of your utility lines
FREE styrofoam recycling at rndrecycling in Fife, WA. Click here for info.
FREE laptop, computer, ink cartridge, cell phone etc. recycling at PC Recycle. Click here to find a location near you.
FREE vehicle, refrigerator, washer/dryer etc. recycling with 1 Green Planet in Renton, WA. Click here to view their website.
For more detailed info and to ask questions you can contact the Washington State Recycling Database at 1-800-RECYCLE(732-9253).